Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly. Please keep in mind our rules whenever posting to keep our community pleasant for members and guests alike.
The Afritalks community is an all – inclusive general chat/discussion community built around people getting and giving help and guidance. Your behavior should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Use common sense.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, and members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
Please note that responses to questions posted on the forums cannot be guaranteed. If you require a response from a staff member, please contact us.
1) Do not use AFRITALKS for any illegal activities .Do not offer hacking services, post, sell, or link to illegal copies of copyright material. This includes, but is not limited to, recordings, publications, scores. This means you may not offer such stuff in posts, articles or private messages.
2) Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilized and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
3) Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Post all threads in the right section, off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
4) If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be penalized regardless of who started it.
5) Religion and politics. Everyone has their views on things, and that's fine, but keep these topics to discussions, and not personal attacks. Keep in mind that this is an international message board, and that not everyone shares the same view as you do. People will get offended, but try to keep this to a minimum by keeping rule #2 in mind.
6) Do not register here simply to promote your website, goods or services. Those that do will be banned, no questions asked. You may link your website in your signature, so long as it does not violate other rules.
7) Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Related to this, classified ads should not be bumped with updates unless the update is legitimate. Updates for the primary purpose of bumping the classified ads will be removed. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
8) Please don't put duplicate threads in different sections of the forums. If you happen to post your topic in the wrong section, the administrators or moderators will move it to the correct one and leave a redirector to the new location. Any duplicate threads will be closed and/or deleted. Repeated offenses will result in a permanent ban from the forums.
9) We have allowed the uploading of images to media gallery. We ask that you do not abuse this feature or post porn or other highly offensive material. If you're in doubt, you're probably better off not to post it.
10) If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
11) If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
12) Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates will be banned.
13) Do not write thread titles or entire posts in ALL CAPITALS or enlarged text. Capitals or large text may be used on single words or phrases for emphasis if appropriate, but it is usually enough to use italics and/or bold for such purposes. Using capitals in forum text is considered to be "shouting", large text causes problems for anyone viewing on a mobile screen.
14) Spelling. I know: this isn't English class, but please remember that you have a greater likely hood of someone helping if they can read and understand what you're getting at. We also ask that you refrain from using Instant Messaging/Text Messaging short-hand. Example: "OMG! LMFO, ASL, TGIF, etc." If you want help, we need to be able to read what you're saying. Repeated failure to comply will result in a ban.
15) Don’t direct users to your signature link. If someone actually needs whatever you have in there, they will see it on their own (or if you really must, you can send them a private message about it).
16) Things related to spamming other sites are not allowed (selling blog commenting, YouTube/Facebook "Likes" for example). A good rule of thumb would be to not sell a service that involves a site you don't own.
17) Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
18) Buying/ Selling is only allowed in the classified section. NO Exceptions and this applies to both goods and services. Competition entries, Buy/Sell/Trade forums require that you make at least 20 posts before you can have access, If you want to post ads here, you must use a valid, non-disposable e-mail address. Please pay attention to the BST rules posted in that forum.
19) The classified section is a "use at your own risk" setup. We will not get involved in disputes between members.
20) Other links: to round everything out, we welcome cool, informative, funny, or otherwise useful links here. The only thing that we ask is that you keep in line with prior rules and don't post anything that you know is offensive to many people here. Graphically explicit links, funny or not, are not to be posted.