1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does age difference really matter in marriage?

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Osas Jacob, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Osas Jacob

Osas Jacob Member

Some people believe that age is just a number while others pay a lot of attention to it. It is generally acceptable for a man to be older than his wife. It is also quite stereotypycal because it is perceived that the wife will be disrespectful or the man may have issues controlling his home. Even at that, an age difference getting to at least 10 years is also frowned at. However, does age really matter in marriage? As a male, can you marry a woman that is older than you? As a female, would you marry a man who is more than 10 years older than you?

Personally, I can marry a man who is not more than 3 years younger than me and not more than 6 years older than me. Let me know what you think

2. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

It's a complicated issue for us in Africa but I don't think it matters once the both parties can keep an open mind and communicate very well.

Communication such as making your argument clear to avoid any form of guessing or self doubting because assumption kills faster than bullet.

Gertn likes this.