Photoshop or GIMP

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by dan213, Sep 27, 2015.

1. dan213

dan213 Member

What do you use, Photoshop or GIMP?

I personally use Photoshop and have the most experience with it. I have used GIMP in the past but don't have enough experience with it to really function. I personally feel like GIMP is really not comparative to Photoshop being that Photoshop is so powerful but it is an option.

2. Chase

Chase Member

I use Photoshop all the time and same as you I have the most experience with it, but I have used GIMP in the past only because it was required for a course I was taking and I totally agree with you Photoshop is a lot more powerful than GIMP and it's easier to use considering there are many tutorials online for anything you might be needing to edit on Photoshop.

3. Mark

Mark Member

I have always used Photoshop for all of my photo editing needs. I think I tried GIMP a long time ago when I heard there was a free alternative to Photoshop. I didn't like it that much so I just uninstalled it and never tried it again. I'm sure it's a great program if you want to learn how to use it, but I like Photoshop better.

4. Spencer

Spencer New Member

I use both. Photoshop because of all the features, but if I want to make a simple design GIMP is a little easier and faster. Did not pay for photoshop anyway so its all free to me :p