1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
jenjut

Run To You.

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

jenjut submitted a new Showcase Item:

Run To You.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

I'm interested in the story.

3. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Following.

4. D'ink

D'ink New Member

Go on

5. Pejuamadi

Pejuamadi Active Member Staff Member

Sounds good.

6. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

Margaret found herself fidgeting as she waited for her name to be called. She looked around the room. It was very quiet and all she could hear was the sound coming from the secretary’s table beside her.

Sighing heavily, Margaret straightened her skirt once more. That was the first job she applied for and she needed to get it.

‘Ms. Margaret Coleman?’ She froze. The pregnant secretary searched the room for her.

Margaret took a series of deep breaths before raising her head. She smiled shyly and rose immediately on her heels.

‘Mr. Gil is waiting for you inside.’ The secretary spoke.

Margaret nodded as she followed her in to the spacious office. Across the glass walls, she could see a shadow of a tall man. The brunette secretary opened the door motioning her to come inside.

‘Sir, Ms. Coleman is here,’ the woman announced giving Margaret a reassuring smile.

‘Thank you, Linda,’ the grey-haired man spoke smiling at the secretary. He then turned to her, ‘Have a seat, Ms. Coleman.’

Feeling the definite stare coming from the across the room, Margaret noticed a man who kept his eyes on her. It was making her feel uncomfortable. His mere presence made her feel uneasiness. The look he was giving her was more of a glare. As if she had wronged him in some ways.

His hair was dark arranged in a stylish quiff. His grey eyes were sharp and he had a thin chiselled nose that matched that of his father’s. In his all black suit, he looked like a panther. And Margaret could tell that all he was wearing from head to toe were designer’s item.

She shook hands with the grey-haired man whom she presumed to be the father of the evil looking one. ‘So, Ms. Coleman… thank you for coming today.’

‘It was my pleasure to be invited, Mr. Gil.’ She smiled sweetly. But deep inside, she could feel her heart beating wildly.

‘I don’t like her. Who’s next?’ Margaret froze by the sound of the husky voice. Astounded with the level of rudeness that had just been expressed towards her; she turned to see where it was coming from.

‘I beg your pardon?’ She managed to say recovering from shock. The man didn’t move and he was in the same position – pinning those grey eyes towards her.

7. Rain

Rain Active Member

*buckling my seat belt* 'm ready for the ride....let's go!

8. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget to pick me up.

9. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

I'm in also.

10. shakyroh

shakyroh New Member

jenjut plz finish up my billioniare secret before progressing on this one,`just my idea sha'weldone

11. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

I can multitasking unless you don't want to read 2 stories at a time from me. Thank you!

12. Pejuamadi

I'm in also o

13. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

‘Drew,’ the old Mr. Gil spoke in such a way that sounded like he was reprimanding a five-your-old child from being disrespectful.

‘Who. Is. Next?’ he stated dryly disregarding his father and finally averting his glare to him.

Margaret opened her mouth to speak in disgust. She was never treated like a piece of trash her entire life, until now. The older man raised his hand to stop her. ‘This is my son, Andrew. Ms. Coleman, this is who you would be working for when my secretary – Linda takes leave when I retire. That is if you get the job.’

‘She would not.’ Andrew objected making Margaret give him a look of disgust.

‘Excuse me, -‘

‘Listen, to tell you frankly you don’t fit the bill so save yourself the trouble and walk back out from where you came in.’ She blinked a few times trying to absorb the manner the man had talked to her.

Margaret looked between father and son. Antonio’s face turned bright red in embarrassment and of anger at his son’s behaviour.

‘Was there a part of that that you did not understand?’ Andrew went on giving her a condescending look.

Her eyebrows twitched in annoyance. ‘Yes. I actually don’t understand how can somebody be so rude to someone they don’t even know.’ She replied gathering her stuff.

‘Hold on, Mr. Coleman.’

‘This woman is not qualified for the position. Who is next?’ Andrew said bluntly.

Margaret scoffed giving Andrew a piercing glare. ‘You are a nasty piece of work. And I’d feel extremely sorry for whoever ends up working for someone like you.’

She stood up from her seat and stormed out of the office. She needed that job but she had a limit on what kind of person to work with. And working for Andrew Gil was definitely pushing it.

‘I see you’ve met Andrew,’ said Linda, the secretary smirking at her.

‘You mean the asshole? Yeah.’

The woman chuckled and continued typing on her computer. ‘Well, that’s Andrew Marie Gil for you.’

‘Well, I’m not working for someone like that. Heck no!’ the brunette smiled at her.

“It would have been nice to have you in the family.’ Margaret shrugged off the comment. Linda was probably talking about Gil Corporate Hotel Chains.

shakyroh likes this.
  14. Pejuamadi

15. Rain

Rain Active Member

Interesting..*watchin with my eyes wide open*

16. Rain

Rain Active Member

Interesting..*watchin with my eyes wide open*

17. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

Walking out of the building with a heavy heart, Margaret tried to pull herself together. She needed a job as soon as possible. After running away from home, she was confused – and was running out of money. She moved into an average middle class apartment and her savings was not enough to pay bills until the following month.

She was used to living lavishly where money was never a problem. Her father was filthy rich and she was his only child. She was spoiled. And living independently turned out to be very difficult for her.

Margaret had a degree. She had experience. But when she applied for jobs in the company that her father had influenced in, none of them hired her.

Walking to the nearest bus stop, Margaret could not stop herself from getting emotional. It was hard living away from home and being alone. She ran her fingers through her crucifix necklace, tilting hr head up in the sky – asking for God’s help in this horrible part of her life.

‘Did you have to be so rude, Andrew?’ Antonio paced back and forth in his big office, loosening his tie. ‘This is not the first time you did something like that. Ms. Coleman was the perfect candidate. She was the best for the position!’ The old man paused and looked at his own son. ‘I am only trying to get you the best. When you take over the company, you’ll need the best assistant there is.’

Standing up in his towering height of six feet and two inches, Andrew rolled his eyes. ‘Did it ever crossed your mind that I do not want to take over?’

‘Nonsense! You are my only child.’ Antonio rebutted.

Andrew snorted in disgust, ‘Why don’t you wait a little bit longer and wait for the bastard inside your secretary to turn eighteen?’

The grey-haired man gasped with his face turning red. ‘How dare you!’ he yelled.

Nonchalantly, Andrew checked his watch and walked towards the door. ‘We’re going to see your mother today. Be there at six.’ Antonio said.

Andrew left without turning back, ignoring the secretary on his way out.

‘Where to, sir?’ the chauffer inquired the moment Andrew had entered his car. He loosened his tie and retrieved his phone.

‘The hospital,’ he answered briefly.

‘To see your mother?’ the driver checked him once again in the rear view mirror.

‘Yes,’ he nodded without looking away from the screen of the small rectangular gadget. ‘I want some time alone with my mother before my ass of a father and his other woman arrives. Is there a problem?’
    The driver flinched in the tone of irritation in his voice. ‘No, sir.’

Andrew Marie Gil was not the kind that is liked. He’s one evil complicated human being. He was cold and rude to everybody. And the only people he could tolerate were his mother and cousin, Justin.

Rain likes this.
  18. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

It was a fine Saturday morning and Margaret had planned to spend the weekend on job hunting. She lazily got up from bed when she heard her phone ringing. She was not expecting any call. And after what had happened with the Gil’s the other day, she was quite sure it was not about a job she applied for.

Fixing her hair in a messy bun, she retrieved her phone from the bedside table. It was an unknown caller.

‘Hello,’ she spoke after hitting the answer button.

‘Is this Ms. Margaret Coleman?’ a familiar voice came in the line.

‘Yes, speaking.’

‘Ms. Coleman, this is Antonio Gil. I would like to personally inform you that the work is still on the table to work for my son,’ said the called. The man sounded nice and his voice was softer than the last time she had heard it.

‘Really? I thought that my chance of working with you was already out of the question after all of my outbursts.’ She blurted out in shock.

The man chuckled at the other end of the line. ‘In fact, I presumed you would not want the job after my son’s rudeness.’

‘I didn’t want the job but I really need one at this point.’ She muttered under her breath.

‘Despite what my son had said, you are the perfect fit for this job. I want you to have it.’ The tone of the older man sounded to be conclusive. And Margaret didn’t have a choice but to say ‘yes’.

‘Thank you for your trust,’ was all she was able to say.

‘My secretary will call you,’ said Mr. Gil and the line went dead.

Margaret was quite astounded by what just happened. She got the job! Finally! She pranced her way to the kitchen to make herself a few toast. She felt relieved that she needs not to search for job vacancies anymore. She was close to believing that the only choice there is was to accept the job offer as a waitress in the nearest diner from her tiny apartment.

She will be calling Mr. Gil’s secretary after she had filled her grumbling stomach. But before she could slip a slice in her mouth, her phones started ringing again. She didn’t know who the caller was but she had a hunch.

‘Hello,’ Margaret greeted.

‘Ms. Coleman, this is Linda, Mr. Gil’s secretary,’ the familiar accent went through the line.

‘Ah, yes. Mr. Gil informed me that you would call,’ she nodded as if the secretary was infront of her.

‘And I presume from this call that you have accepted the offer?’

‘Yes! Yes, I have.’ She squeaked.

‘Great! Can you come by the office so we could get you to sign the contract and discuss through the hours and everything with Mr. Gil?’

‘Sure! What time would be best?’ she chirped happily.

‘Can you come by today? Mr. Gil would like to get his business done as quickly as possible.’

Margaret looked at the wall clock hanged in front of the kitchen counter and tried to figure out how much time it would take for her to be ready. She knew the building was merely kilometres away.

‘Yes, today will be good. I will be there by eleven.’ Margaret confirmed.

‘We look forward to seeing you Ms. Coleman.’ Linda hung up and she quickly moved her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

‘Rise and shine boss.’

Andrew groaned as the sunlight burst in to his bedroom. Realizing that the voice which had spoken to him was someone’s that he doesn’t recognize. The soft tapping of heels can be heard over the wooden floor tiles. And upon opening his eyes, he saw a pair of smooth brown legs in heels. His eyes travelled higher, past the hourglass figure beneath the tight bondage skirt. And the ample breasts that are covered by white chiffon blouse.

Andrew lifted his gaze and his eyes landed on a face he never thought he would ever see again. He shot of from bed and glared at the woman. ‘You’re from the interview a few weeks ago. What are you doing in my house?’

Margaret smiled politely, expressions shifting on her face. ‘Ah, I see your father didn’t tell you. I got the job.’

Andrew’s face fell. ‘No,’ was all he could say.

‘Yes. And you have a meeting at 9:45 this morning with Abraham Ashton,’ Margaret informed with an eyebrow raised.

Andrew rose and Margaret found it hard to look away from the ripped abs and chest she saw. He was wearing his pyjama bottom but his top bare. His chest was smooth except for the hairs that are almost curly on his lower abdomen that led down and disappeared in to his bottoms.

‘That meeting is at one o’clock in the afternoon today,’ Andrew grunted running a hand across his dark hair as he walked out of the bedroom. Margaret followed him.

‘Miss-who-ever-you-are I am in no need of an assistant,’ the man opened the door, a clear gesture for her to leave. But instead, Margaret shut it.

‘You clearly need an assistant. A representative from Mr. Ashton’s team called and rescheduled it to 9:45AM.’ She took a quick glimpse at her phone, ‘It’s 8:15. You need to get dressed.’

Andrew scoffed. ‘I am not taking orders from you.’

She rolled her eyes, retrieving her coat and belongings on the sofa. ‘Oh, I did not forget that you are an asshole.’

‘I can fire you anytime if I want to.’ He warned.

Margaret smirked after putting on her coat. ‘I was hired by your father which means only he can fire me.’ She saw him grit his teeth. She opened the door and turned to him. ‘I’ll be heading down to the office. And if you decide to show up, please be early.’

He crossed his arms over his chest. ‘And if I don’t?’

‘I’m still getting paid.’ She answered with confidence watching his face look stern. ‘So, I’ll be expecting you at 9:30?’

He grumbled under his breath and slammed the door shut in her face.

Dani likes this.
  19. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Assistant acting like boss. I always love bold ladies.

20. Rain

Rain Active Member

Nice..I smell an unwanted romance *rub my hands in glee*

freboi10 likes this.