1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
jenjut

Run To You.

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. freboi10

freboi10 Member

Ripped abs are irresistible.

2. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

Are you saying I should start flaunting my six packs?

Rain and freboi10 like this.
  3. Rain

Rain Active Member

6 packs and 6 cars would do the magic

4. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

How about six cars and my pot belly?

5. Rain

Rain Active Member

Pot belly? just make it 8 cars n a yacht

Maryjayne likes this.
  6. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

How about not flying commercial?

7. Oluomoadebayo

In order to keep tabs of our best writers, stories, kindly use the rate and review system to appreciate the writer instead of posting short words comment like, 'thank you'. Use the comment column only if you want to add or criticize the story.
    Thanks.

8. Rain

Rain Active Member

Whoa?! A private jet? 'm in..come lemme rub ur big tummy :)

9. Dani

Dani New Member

Okay.....me likey. Nice one @jejnut

10. JayMomma

JayMomma New Member

In love with this story already

11. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

‘You are late,’ Margaret hissed the moment Andrew entered the room. He looked pissed.

‘Yeah? Thanks to you.’ He retorted sarcastically. She raised her brows, narrowing her eyes at him. ‘In case you weren’t aware, I run on my own time and I don’t take any orders from anyone – not even my father.’

Margaret opened her mouth to speak. ‘I don’t care who hired you. Even though I have already expressed your inadequacy, I supposed I left out your lack of respect.’ He retrieved the files on the table. ‘Don’t ever show up in my house like that. And do not take my driver. I’d like the key you have to my house on my desk by the end of the day and my car in front of my house tomorrow.’ He gave her a cold look, ‘Any questions?’

She closed her eyes and counted ten seconds before giving him a sweet smile. ‘Yes, you haven’t told me how you like your coffee yet.’

His face turned grim.

‘Your coffee, sir. To be the best assistant I can be. I’ll need to make sure you are wide awake and ready for everyday. Even if that means being driven around by your driver every morning, then so be it. Anything for you, boss.’

Andrew’s face twisted in to anger. She smirked as if she had won the lottery. ‘I guess that means I’m keeping the key to your house and the driver. Everything’s clear, no questions.’

Andrew heaved deep sighs, trying to regain his composure. ‘You are not wanted here.’

‘But I am needed. You’ll be working on a lot of things and your timing is one of them,’ she spat him a blank look.

‘I don’t take orders, I repeat.’

‘I had that carved in to my brain but you were a minute away from losing a major account.’

He rolled his eyes in exasperation, leaving the boardroom. Margaret followed him. ‘I did not lose it.’

‘Luckily.’ She answered boringly. He stopped in his tracks and turned to her with brows arched. ‘What is mean is, you should be thankful that your father has a good relationship with the Ashton’s or else the deal would’ve have been gone.’ Margaret snapped her fingers in the air for effects as he removed his jacket.

Andrew chuckled flatly. ‘I see you have succumbed to my father’s charms, as well.’

She tilted her head. ‘Excuse me?’

They bother turned towards the knock at the door. The tall curly haired brunette with sun kissed skin and the same thin nose as Andrew moved from the door walked in.

‘Hello there.’ Stranger greeted Margaret charmingly after studying her.

She shook his hands formally before turning to Andrew. ‘Allison from Fragrance Development wants to talk to you at 4PM. Be on time.’ She turned on her heels and walked out – hips swaying and heels clicking.

Justin’s eyes bulged. ‘That is your new assistant?’ Andrew nodded, still annoyed. ‘Drew. Andrew, my dear cousin. What’s her number?’

‘Why would I know that? Why would I want to know her number? She is one rude and disrespectful woman.’

‘Who is hot as hell. I think I may just start taking interest in this dumb company.’ Justin laughed at his cousin’s hostile reply of throwing a pencil at his head.

Margaret sighed in content as the warm coffee slid down her throat. It was just her first day and she had been so busy. A stack of paper was dropped on her desk, making her jump. She looked up at Andrew. ‘What are these?’

‘Work.’ The handsome dark haired Caucasian said flatly. ‘What else?’

‘Wait. These are from different companies – accounts that we’ve had. Some are dated way back two years ago. Why aren’t they in files?’

He raised an eyebrow. ‘Tell me, why aren’t they in files?’

‘I don’t know. You’re the one who came and handed it to me.’

‘Then get them in to files, thank you.’ He tapped her desk with a pen before walking away.

Margaret grunted. Her shift was supposed to be over nearly. And all she wanted to do was go home in her loving tiny apartment.

‘Breathe. Don’t choke him. He’s not even worth it.’ She reminded herself. As soon as she started sorting the papers accordingly, Andrew walked out of his office.

He was frowning as he looked at his phone and put on his black coat on. ‘Where are you going?’ she questioned.

‘None of your business.’ Margaret stood up and planted herself right in front of Andrew, preventing him from going anywhere.

Standing close to him, she had just realized how tall he was. Even in her heels, she still had to look up to him. Andrew smirked, bemused at her confidence. He looked down at Margaret’s petite figure.

‘You are not going anywhere until you tell me where you’re heading. You have to help me sort these papers. Do not forget that this is my first day!’

He growled. ‘Those orders…’

A thought popped in to Margaret’s head. As if a light bulb had lit up to enlighten her up. ‘Hold on,’ she said, putting on her blazer and grabbing her bad. She took the stack of paper. ‘Let’s go.’

‘I beg your pardon?’ Andrew watched her closely.

‘Let’s go. Wherever you’re going, I’m coming with you.’

‘No, you’re not going -.’

‘Yes. I am.’

He narrowed his eyes at her. ‘You are not coming with me, lady.’ He stated firmly.

‘Unless you tell me where you’re heading, I am going with you. Besides, I doubt it’s anywhere important.’

Andrew took a step closer to her. ‘I am going to visit my dying mother. Your presence is not needed.’ He spat her maliciously. And for the first time ever since she had met him, he made her froze. Margaret gulped nervously.

‘Do you understand?’

Margaret nodded and stepped aside to let him leave.

‘You can take that home.’ He pointed the stack of paper she was holding.

She let out a breath that she wasn’t even aware she was holding. Margaret knew she had crossed the line. She should not have pushed him too far. As evil as he was, she should’ve known when to stop.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  12. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

Are you saying we can receive ratings except the comment box? That will be challenging because @Pejuamadi will be top rated writer.

Pejuamadi and Gertn like this.
  13. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

I think you will get used to it in no time. I tried it with my car review and I like the outcome.

jenjut likes this.
  14. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

I'm studying it already.

15. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

Andrew entered the room where his mother has stayed for quite some time already. She looked incredibly peaceful with her eyes closed. Her skin was pale, her breathing shallow and her body frail. It hurts him to see his mother in that state.

Kalyca stirred as she turned her side, eyes fluttering open. ‘Drew, honey,’ she whispered.

‘How are you feeling?’ he asked, walking towards her side.

‘Better, now that you’re here,’ Kalyca answered briefly.

She shakily sat up and pushed herself back to lean against the pillows.

‘How’s everything?’ she asked.

‘Same as usual, to be honest,’ Andrew smiled shyly.

‘Your father told me that he was finally able to find an assistant for you.’

Andrew rolled his eyes at the thought. She had angered to the point that he had to count ten seconds to hold himself back from getting in her face and shouting at her. She had confidence and he had to commend her for that. But she needed to learn when to use or not to use it.

‘What’s that face for, honey?’ his mother chuckled, looking at him bemused.

‘She’s a rude woman who has no home training. She stormed into my house this morning giving me orders as if I am not her boss and she has the nerve to talk back to me.

‘Drew-.’

‘She needs to be taught manners. It is clear that she has none. It’s not as if I can fire her because Antonio hired her which mean only he can do so. I already stated at her interview that she was not qualified. She is not.’ He huffed. ‘What a frustrating woman.’

Kalyca’s eyebrows rose at the energy her son was using to describe one woman. She had never seen him gotten so worked up about anyone in that way other than his father. ‘What’s her name?’

He paused.

He fell silent.

He searched the depths of his brain for a name. And yet he found nothing. ‘It must not be important seeing as how I don’t even remember it.’

His mother gasped. ‘Drew!’

‘I found no need. She’s not important.’

‘She is working for your and is helping you out around the company. It is important that you know her name.’ His mother reprimanded him.

They were both interrupted by the sound of the door opening and closing. It was Antonio. Andrew smiled at his mother and kissed her cheek. He rolled his eyes.

‘Drew-.’

He kissed her forehead and walked out of the room, not even sparing a glance to his father.

A few hours later, Andrew was with his cousin, Justin at his home. Both of them were in the gym – shirtless and sweat dripping all the way down.

‘I’ve got a date tomorrow,’ Justin stated.

‘Oh, the one you said who thinks you’re married?’ Andrew chuckled, lifting the weights.

‘But there’s a catch,’ Justin continued. ‘She’s got a friend who is single too and-.” Drew was already seeing where it was going. He placed the weight on the flood and turned to his cousin.

‘No.’

‘Hey! Just one date man! When was the last time you went in one?’

Andrew shook his head. ‘It doesn’t matter. I am not going.’

‘Drew! I am your cousin. Come on bro, please. For me?’ Justin pleaded.

Rolling his eyes, Andrew sighed – giving in. ‘Alright. But do not expect me to be nice to the girl.’ He stated as the doorbell rang.

Justin glared at him as he went to open the door. He pulled it widely and smiled slyly.

Margaret smiled back nicely. ‘Anything I can help you, sweetheart?’ She ignored the endearment and nodded.

‘Actually I was looking for Andrew. Is he here?’ She asked as he eyed her up and down.

At that exact moment, Vincent walked towards the door. He was wiping the sweat off his chest with a towel. And when he saw Margaret, his face hardened in to a grimace.

‘Unless you are here with my keys, you can get off my property.’ He spoke harshly.

‘I deserve that,’ Margaret replied trying to keep her gaze away from the muscles he had on view. She took the keys from her pockets, handing them over to him. ‘I am sorry about what I said earlier. I should not have said that. And if I hurt your feelings, I apologize.’

Andrew’s face remained stiff. ‘And what about my diver?’

‘Actually, I was planning on keeping that.’ She said sheepishly. They stood in silence for a few moments before Margaret decided to leave.

‘And on that note, I am going to head home I guess I’ll see you tomorrow morning at the office.’ He didn’t replied and simply glared at her. She rolled her eyes realising how pointless the journey was. She turned on her heels and walked away, cursing him under her breath.

‘Miss Coleman,’ he spoke in that deep baritone and authoritative voice, making her pause and turned towards him.

He kept silent for a few moments making Margaret stood in confusion.

He threw the set of keys to her and she caught them. ‘Black, no sugar, no cream.’

Andrew the door and Margaret smiled, realizing that he had in fact remembered her name. She would be back in here bright and early with his coffee. If she was going to do this job, she would do it perfectly.

jojo likes this.
  16. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

It has been six months since Margaret had joined the company and become Andrew’s assistant. Margaret has grown to love and enjoy her job. She liked the people there – except for Andrew, of course. He was one complicated human being.

Although he was still a very cold man, they have developed a routine that suited the both of them.

Every morning, she would deliver coffee to his house and since they both wanted the driver, they would share a journey.

At work, they wouldn’t talk to each other unless necessary and would both leave at six – Margaret going home, Andrew to the hospital.

‘Allison from Fragrance Department at four. Don’t forget.’

She informed, entering his office suddenly. Andrew crumpled the piece of paper he was drawing on and glared at her. ‘Don’t you know how to knock?’

Sucking her teeth, she handed him a brown folder. ‘These are the minutes from the meeting with Miahzer. That’s three copies but I don’t know how to get them to your dad. Could you give them to him for me?’

‘No.’ He replied flatly.

‘What do you mean ‘no’? Stop being so difficult and just get these to him.’ He pushed back the folder to her direction and turned to his computer.

‘Andrew.’ He didn’t move a muscle at the sound of her calling him. Instead, he continued to stare at the computer monitor.

‘Andrew.’

No reply.

Getting sick of being disregarded, Margaret walked around his desk and unplugged his computer. He pushed his chair back, nostrils flaring, and eyes wide.

She stood up straight, chin up, not at all frightened at him. Andrew planted himself directly at her, invading her personal space.

‘Put that back in. Now.’ He ordered, pointing at the cable in her hands.

‘Will you give the folder to your father?’ she raised an eyebrow.

‘Of course not!’ he grumbled.

Margaret shrugged in reply, still holding on to the plug.

‘Miss Coleman, I need to plug that cable back in and leave my office instantly or else.’

Margaret shook her head, ‘I don’t think s-.’ She was cut off when Andrew bent down and picked her up, tossing her petite figure to his shoulder with ease. She shrieked as soon as he lifted her, the cable falling out of her grip.

‘Andrew! Put me down! Now! I swear to God Andrew, if you do not put me down…’ He ignored her warning as he walked towards the door. He placed her down near her desk outside his office.

‘What the hell is wrong with you?!’ she shouted as he calmly returned to his office, slamming the door shut.

Margaret threw her hands up in the air in exasperation. She shut her eyes and inhaled deeply, pulling down her beige peplum dress down as it had rose up after he carried her. She huffed, turning around to get back to work.

A part of her wanted to quit but then she would remember just how much she needed money and suck it up.

A few hours later and zero interaction with his ill-natured boss, Margaret’s phone started ringing. At first she chose to ignore it. But seeing that it was Nana, she picked up.

‘Hey, Nana, is everything okay?’ She asked as Andrew exited his office with a stack of paper. He glared at her, wondering why she was on the phone.

She groaned. ‘W-What?’ she stuttered. Taking a quick glimpse of her wristwatch

Pearl and Pejuamadi like this.
  17. Oluomoadebayo

Getting more interesting. Looking forward to an imminent romance between Andrew and Magaret.

jenjut likes this.
  18. Oluomoadebayo

Update anytime soon?

jenjut likes this.
  19. jenjut

jenjut Active Member

Margaret flew all the way from Los Angeles to her hometown in Georgia. The call from her Nana was alarming. Although she has decided to live away from her father’s influence, she was still a daughter to his father.

She drove herself home the moment she was able to rent a car. The trip was not long and she cannot get herself to rest during the entire journey.

She stopped in front of a big mansion in a guarded subdivision. Breathing in heavily, she knocked on the large wooden door. She grew up in that house but it felt like she was a stranger to the place.

Margaret stood there for a moment, trying to muster all the courage and confidence she had had. A fat woman in her sixties opened the door, welcoming her return. She hugged the woman, not knowing the tears streaming down her face.

‘Nana,’ Margaret spoke, her voice cracking.

‘Thank God, you’re back.’ The woman gave her face a light stroke, looking at Margaret with affection and longing.

Matilda was Margaret’s nanny ever since she was five. The old woman became her mother, since then.

‘Papa?’ She muttered under her breath.

‘In his bedroom. I’ll prepare you something to eat. Now, go upstairs and have a little chat with him.’ Martha gave her a reassuring smile.

Feeling as blank as a white piece of paper, Margaret nodded softly. She didn’t know how to father her father after running away. What would be the best thing to say?

Taking each step in the grand staircase, a memory played inside Margaret’s mind. It was the last time she talked with her father. And it wasn’t good. She shouted at his face, slammed the door, and left without saying a single word.

Not expecting for an answer, Margaret knocked on the master’s bedroom door. She uttered a short prayer before twisting the knob.

Lying in his king-sized bed was an old man in his later fifties. His brown skin was pale. With his eyes shut close, he looked serene without the usual crumpled forehead. In the last six months, his body had gone in to a quick deterioration.

The old and once strong Michael Johansson has gone into a state she cannot fathom. It was liver cancer, stage four. Margaret sat on the chair next to his father’s bed. It was unfortunate that she had to witness her father’s withering body.

‘Papa.’ She choked in her tears.

Slowly, Michael opened his eyes. He was weak and moving a muscle seems to exert too much energy.

He smiled at her bitterly. ‘You’re back, baby.’

‘Yes, Papa I am here.’ Margaret took her father’s hand which was cold as ice.

‘And that makes me happy.’ He nodded. ‘I’m sorry sweetheart. I didn’t want you to see me like this.’

‘Hush, Papa just rest. I am here now. Get better, soon. Okay?’

Johansson shook his head lightly. ‘No sweety, I was just waiting for you. Had I known that I’d pass away like this, I should have spent more time with you. I love you, darling.’ A tear fell from his eyes. And there was one last breath.

Margaret froze.

Her father died.

And she would be alone for the rest of her life.

After the memorial of her father, Margaret started working on with what he had left her. Running an estate company which have stood strong in the industry for decades was not easy. But she had to carry on and do her best. It was her father’s legacy.

Everybody in the company knew that she was going to be the heir of the Jade Industries. But some do not believe that a brat like her was capable of running a big company.

‘Miss Johansson, we have an account with the Gil’s Business Marketing and Associates,’ Kiara, her assistant had informed her. And it had made her choke in her coffee.

‘What?’ she asked adamantly.

‘They were trying to get a deal for us for their new building in town.’ Kiara looked at her in confusion.

‘When did they try contacting us?’

‘Two months ago,’ the secretary bowed her head, knowing it would give her boss a pain in the chest.

Margaret smiled at her assistant. ‘It’s okay. I’ll handle this myself.’ She chuckled as the grumpy figure of Andrew Gil crossed her mind. ‘Set an appointment with them. I’ll be flying over to New York to visit a friend next week.’

‘Yes ma’am.’

20. Oluomoadebayo

Old man in his later fifties? Maybe the cancer is responsible for his older look because life begins at 60.