1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Proposition

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. sage

sage Member

2. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

Ok. Happy birthday in advance and thank you for the update.

3. Jasny

Jasny Member

we'll save tha date but let me the first person to wish you before anybody else.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE DEAR #XOXO

4. Jasny

Jasny Member

chai! @oluomomoadebayo don over take me

5. Oluomoadebayo

Better late than never.

6. sage

sage Member

@Oluomoadebayo thanks

Patrick stood like a statue as the older gentleman in a three-piece suite knotted his tie for him. He knew how to knot a tie fine and good, but Folashade had told him he wasn't to move while the fitting was going on, and who was he to counter his employer?

It was a fancy, navy-colored suit paired with a prisitne white shirt and a navy-colored, slim tie. Patrick wasn't even aware he could look this good, and the material felt amazing against his skin. He didn't doubt for a second that this suit must have cost something, along with the other four Shade was going to purchase for him. She wouldn't let him see the price tag of course, she told him it was nothing, but this place was so fancy, from the doorway, he could smell the money, and the calibre of people he had seen coming in and going out was testament to that.

He thought this daughter of hers was something special for her to go this far with a stranger.

"Sorry, Deji." Shade called.

Both men turned to the woman sitting a few metres away, "Yes, Shade, how may I assist you?"

She smiled warmly at him, "I know you're the expert here and all, but I was thinking the suit could do without the tie. I mean, Patrick has a very appealing physique and the event isn't a business conference. How about the tie goes, and we take off a couple of buttons at the top? I've seen his chest, it's something."

If he was lighter, Patrick was sure he would be blushing by now. Shade certainly had a way with words, he wondered if her daughter would be that liberal with her words as well.

Deji smiled, "As you please, but the tie still goes with the suit for any other occassion."

"Of course."

She sat back contentedly and Deji returned to his job.

That was three days ago, today, he stood in a corner, watching proceedings at the fanciest party he had ever been to...not that he had been to a lot, but he never envisioned himself being a guest at one of these upscale soirees. To think he was stanging here, looking every bit as important as every other person here in the nice Armani suit Shade had purchased for him and the sharp Gucci shoes was like a dream.

It had taken him a while to talk himself into character because he had experienced last minute nerves, he had asked himself if he really wanted to do what he was doing. Was it morally right? To lead an unassuming woman on, what if he didn't like her? Would he be bound by contract to tolerate her? What if she didn't like him? What if she saw through his act? He didn't think himself a convincing liar...not that he had ever tried pretending before, but still...

All of that had left his head at the sight of a grinning Veronica, she looked so beautiful standing behind him....not just beautiful, but proud. She was proud of him, she was proud of her big brother, it didn't matter that she didn't know the details of his new 'job', just that look on her face had sealed it for him. He would throw himself into this, whatever it was, and give it his all.

So, here he was, all dressed up, looking like a far cry from the real him, and waiting for the arrival of Adunni. Shade had said she would be here, she had to be here, she had gotten him an invite easily and wished him best of luck. He certainly would need it.

He had been here for just under thirty minutes during which he had been approached by no fewer than four women, four very beautiful, elegant and classy women. Women the likes of which he had only seen on magazine pages and billboards, women he tbhought would never take a second glance at him. He had stuttered at the first one who approached him, a bit taken unawares by her forwardness. He had been taught that women were shy, reserved people, but three of the four women had destroyed that notion in seconds. They didn't mince any words when they told him how he could help them, some of the words they used left him mortified.

On a good note, they had better prepared him to meet Adun, his confidence level had increased reasonably, he would be able to handle anything at this point.

He took a sip of the drink in his hand, something he guessed to be champagne, he didn't plan on having more than a glass, no point getting drunk on the job. Besides, if Adun was half as fancy and meticulous as her mother made her out to be, then she would frown at his drunkenness. He wasn't a heavy drinker thankfully, he didn't even smoke. He knew he looked odd just standing by a corner and not bothering to mingle, but what would he say to these people? What could he possibly discuss with them? Looking rich and fancy wasn't the same as actually being rich and fancy. He had gotten enough conversation for the night anyway, besides, he didn't want to get noticed by Adun easily and this place would keep him hidden. He would allow her mingle for a while and then make himself known when she settled in.

His eyes glanced round the room one more time, taking note of all the faces until it stopped at a man, he was tall, maybe a few inches shorter than his 6ft.3", but he couldn't say from his vantage point, his skin was light, a few shades lighter than Veronica, he was dressed in a nice grey vest and grey blazers, he couldn't see his bottoms from where he stood, but he thought the man looked pretty good. He had a woman enraptured with whatever conversation they were having, Patrick thought it would be nice to know what had the woman so interested, maybe he could take a few pointers. She giggled at something he said and he smiled at her and placed a hand lightly on hers. She blushed, but kept her hand underneath his.

Patrick took another sip of his champagne as he watched the couple, they would make for good entertainment while he awaited Adun's arrival. He noted the way she occassionally tucked her hair behind her ear and gave him a demure smile, she didn't speak much, he pretty much controlled the conversation, he seemed to be saying the right things though. Patrick wished he could be that sleek.

A few minutes passed and the conversation seemed to be getting deeper, and then the man paused. It was the first time Patrick noted a break in the conversation since he started watching them, it made him wonder what had grasped the man's attention.

Curiosity led his eyes to the direction the man was looking, two women sat a distance away from the couple. The light-skinned one was talking to a guy who looked very interested in whatever she was saying, the dark one though was nursing a drink and looking as uninterested as ever, he thought even with her bored look, she looked downright stunning...and familiar.

He couldn't quite make out her entire profile, but with the little he saw, he knew she was familiar. Was that Adun? The thought came to his head briefly, but he remained in his position, waiting for an appropriate time to make his move...if it was her.

She looked at the light-skinned one and rolled her eyes, he cracked a smile at that gesture. Her eyes went towards the couple, and then seemed to widen. She touched her friend's hand and said something in her ear, the other lady smiled and nodded in response, but barely looked her way. She stood up and began walking away.

Patrick's eyes moved to where the couple was, the man patted his partner's hand, said a few words to her, his eyes remaining on the dark-skinned woman making her way out of the crowded room, the charmed woman barely nodded before the man began walking after the dark woman.

Patrick had a moment to think on the right choice to make, he still wasn't sure if the lady was Adun, he didn't need to involve himself in a confrontation that didn't involve his target...but what if she was her? What if she was in imminent danger? Then again, even if it wasn't her, it was obvious the lady was trying to avoid a confrontation with the man who followed her, he wouldn't be doing much harm if he just assisted the woman. If he just assisted the woman. If it wasn't Adun and the man proved too aggressive, he could walk away...maybe.

He downed the rest of his champagne and dropped it on the tray of a passing waiter before following the direction the two people had gone.

7. sage

sage Member

@Oluomoadebayo thanks

Patrick stood like a statue as the older gentleman in a three-piece suite knotted his tie for him. He knew how to knot a tie fine and good, but Folashade had told him he wasn't to move while the fitting was going on, and who was he to counter his employer?

It was a fancy, navy-colored suit paired with a prisitne white shirt and a navy-colored, slim tie. Patrick wasn't even aware he could look this good, and the material felt amazing against his skin. He didn't doubt for a second that this suit must have cost something, along with the other four Shade was going to purchase for him. She wouldn't let him see the price tag of course, she told him it was nothing, but this place was so fancy, from the doorway, he could smell the money, and the calibre of people he had seen coming in and going out was testament to that.

He thought this daughter of hers was something special for her to go this far with a stranger.

"Sorry, Deji." Shade called.

Both men turned to the woman sitting a few metres away, "Yes, Shade, how may I assist you?"

She smiled warmly at him, "I know you're the expert here and all, but I was thinking the suit could do without the tie. I mean, Patrick has a very appealing physique and the event isn't a business conference. How about the tie goes, and we take off a couple of buttons at the top? I've seen his chest, it's something."

If he was lighter, Patrick was sure he would be blushing by now. Shade certainly had a way with words, he wondered if her daughter would be that liberal with her words as well.

Deji smiled, "As you please, but the tie still goes with the suit for any other occassion."

"Of course."

She sat back contentedly and Deji returned to his job.

That was three days ago, today, he stood in a corner, watching proceedings at the fanciest party he had ever been to...not that he had been to a lot, but he never envisioned himself being a guest at one of these upscale soirees. To think he was stanging here, looking every bit as important as every other person here in the nice Armani suit Shade had purchased for him and the sharp Gucci shoes was like a dream.

It had taken him a while to talk himself into character because he had experienced last minute nerves, he had asked himself if he really wanted to do what he was doing. Was it morally right? To lead an unassuming woman on, what if he didn't like her? Would he be bound by contract to tolerate her? What if she didn't like him? What if she saw through his act? He didn't think himself a convincing liar...not that he had ever tried pretending before, but still...

All of that had left his head at the sight of a grinning Veronica, she looked so beautiful standing behind him....not just beautiful, but proud. She was proud of him, she was proud of her big brother, it didn't matter that she didn't know the details of his new 'job', just that look on her face had sealed it for him. He would throw himself into this, whatever it was, and give it his all.

So, here he was, all dressed up, looking like a far cry from the real him, and waiting for the arrival of Adunni. Shade had said she would be here, she had to be here, she had gotten him an invite easily and wished him best of luck. He certainly would need it.

He had been here for just under thirty minutes during which he had been approached by no fewer than four women, four very beautiful, elegant and classy women. Women the likes of which he had only seen on magazine pages and billboards, women he tbhought would never take a second glance at him. He had stuttered at the first one who approached him, a bit taken unawares by her forwardness. He had been taught that women were shy, reserved people, but three of the four women had destroyed that notion in seconds. They didn't mince any words when they told him how he could help them, some of the words they used left him mortified.

On a good note, they had better prepared him to meet Adun, his confidence level had increased reasonably, he would be able to handle anything at this point.

He took a sip of the drink in his hand, something he guessed to be champagne, he didn't plan on having more than a glass, no point getting drunk on the job. Besides, if Adun was half as fancy and meticulous as her mother made her out to be, then she would frown at his drunkenness. He wasn't a heavy drinker thankfully, he didn't even smoke. He knew he looked odd just standing by a corner and not bothering to mingle, but what would he say to these people? What could he possibly discuss with them? Looking rich and fancy wasn't the same as actually being rich and fancy. He had gotten enough conversation for the night anyway, besides, he didn't want to get noticed by Adun easily and this place would keep him hidden. He would allow her mingle for a while and then make himself known when she settled in.

His eyes glanced round the room one more time, taking note of all the faces until it stopped at a man, he was tall, maybe a few inches shorter than his 6ft.3", but he couldn't say from his vantage point, his skin was light, a few shades lighter than Veronica, he was dressed in a nice grey vest and grey blazers, he couldn't see his bottoms from where he stood, but he thought the man looked pretty good. He had a woman enraptured with whatever conversation they were having, Patrick thought it would be nice to know what had the woman so interested, maybe he could take a few pointers. She giggled at something he said and he smiled at her and placed a hand lightly on hers. She blushed, but kept her hand underneath his.

Patrick took another sip of his champagne as he watched the couple, they would make for good entertainment while he awaited Adun's arrival. He noted the way she occassionally tucked her hair behind her ear and gave him a demure smile, she didn't speak much, he pretty much controlled the conversation, he seemed to be saying the right things though. Patrick wished he could be that sleek.

A few minutes passed and the conversation seemed to be getting deeper, and then the man paused. It was the first time Patrick noted a break in the conversation since he started watching them, it made him wonder what had grasped the man's attention.

Curiosity led his eyes to the direction the man was looking, two women sat a distance away from the couple. The light-skinned one was talking to a guy who looked very interested in whatever she was saying, the dark one though was nursing a drink and looking as uninterested as ever, he thought even with her bored look, she looked downright stunning...and familiar.

He couldn't quite make out her entire profile, but with the little he saw, he knew she was familiar. Was that Adun? The thought came to his head briefly, but he remained in his position, waiting for an appropriate time to make his move...if it was her.

She looked at the light-skinned one and rolled her eyes, he cracked a smile at that gesture. Her eyes went towards the couple, and then seemed to widen. She touched her friend's hand and said something in her ear, the other lady smiled and nodded in response, but barely looked her way. She stood up and began walking away.

Patrick's eyes moved to where the couple was, the man patted his partner's hand, said a few words to her, his eyes remaining on the dark-skinned woman making her way out of the crowded room, the charmed woman barely nodded before the man began walking after the dark woman.

Patrick had a moment to think on the right choice to make, he still wasn't sure if the lady was Adun, he didn't need to involve himself in a confrontation that didn't involve his target...but what if she was her? What if she was in imminent danger? Then again, even if it wasn't her, it was obvious the lady was trying to avoid a confrontation with the man who followed her, he wouldn't be doing much harm if he just assisted the woman. If he just assisted the woman. If it wasn't Adun and the man proved too aggressive, he could walk away...maybe.

He downed the rest of his champagne and dropped it on the tray of a passing waiter before following the direction the two people had gone.

8. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Happy birthday in advance and thanks for the updates.

9. sage

sage Member

This was the last time she would take Chika seriously.

The girl barely glanced at her when she told her she had to go to the bathroom. She had even said it so that she took the hint that something was up, but when a well-dressed, eloquent, good-looking man was listening to Chika's many stories, be they real or made up, her friend couldn't even take a hint.

She sped up hearing her name a distance away, he was coming and she couldn't move faster than this because of this damned dress and the five-inch heels. She knew a calf-length bandage dress was not a smart choice for an event in which she planned to avoid a certain someone and neither were five-inch, ankle-strap sandals...but shit happened when Chika was your stylist.

"Adunni, are you running away from me again?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"Go away Kenneth!" She shouted back. He was close, she could hear him breathing

He laughed at her retort and then grabbed her by the arm, pulling her to him, "Not until you give me what I want" he replied to her face.

She jerked her arm out of his grip, "Don't you touch me! I've told you I'm not interested, do you need me to use a billboard so you understand?" She replied.

Just the sight of him caused her stomach to roil, and not in a good way. She never thought someone so good-looking could look so...ugly, but Kenneth managed to have that effect on her. He creeped her out.

"What I understand, dear Dunni, is that you left the party and all that noise to a quiet place knowing I would follow you, so here I am. You have me alone now." He grinned at her.

She could throw up at the sight of his smile, "You disgust me."

"And you excite me, I think we could make this work."

"Stay away from me." She ground at him, she turned to leave, but he grabbed her arm once again.

"Come on darling, give me some minutes, I'm sure I can get you on my side. That ass of yours in this dress is giving me some ideas." He leered at her, his eyes sparkling with desire.

His grip was tighter this time and Adun tried to escape it, but her effort was futile, "Leave me alone Kenneth, or I'll scream." She threatened. She didn't feel comfortable with the way he was looking at her and the fact that the hallway was empty caused her heart to thud in her chest.

"Oh I intend to make you scream sweetheart, lucky for us, the music is blasting loud enough to muffle our voices." He gave her a lewd grin.

Her eyes widened in fear, oh no, she wasn't about to get raped inside a publuc restroom, "Kenneth, let go."

"Oh, I will."

"Kenneth..."

"Come on."

He started to pull her towards the men's room.

"Kenneth...Kenneth stop...let me go...Kenneth..."

"Let her go."

The deep baritone voice that rang within the hallway startled her a bit, so that the fear was momentarily gone, replaced by surprise. Kenneth also stopped in his tracks, meaning, the voice distracted him as well.

Adun turned to see the man who had come to her rescue...Father, help her, he was some man! Her eyes were treated to the gorgeous sight of a tall man, he was certainly taller than Kenneth and that was tall compared to her 5ft.6" height, his skin was a glowing shade of brown that looked too much like dark caramel melted upon a muscled frame, he was bulky, not as much as someone who played American football, but he surely had some broad shoulders and chest, and the navy-colored suit he had on moulded to his frame. His eyes were deep-set against a face that was made for romance-novel covers; high cheek-bones, a strong, roman nose, full lips and a jaw Tyson Beckford would go green with envy for....and the he had that voice? After 26 gracious years on earth, Adun was convinced men like this simply didn't exist, so where did this one pop out from?

"I said, let her go." The man repeated strongly when no one made a move to acknowledge his presence.

"Listen, guy, I don't know who you are and I really don't care, but I would advise you to leave right now. This doesn't concern you." Kenneth spoke in his 'authoritative' voice. That was the voice he used during court proceedings or when he was making a business transaction. The voice he used to convince people he knew what he was talking about.

Adun was sure the grip Kenneth had on her arm would leave a bruise by the next morning, "Don't listen to him, he's harrassing me." She spoke up.

The man glanced at her, she couldn't tell what shade his eyes were from where she stood, but she didn't doubt they were just as breath-taking as the rest of him. She didn't even understand why she was admiring a man when another had her in a death grip.

"If you try to interfer in this, I'll have you know that I am the head of the legal department of this company, and I don't know how you got an invite to this place because you're not a familiar face, but I can guarantee you, I'll have you off this premises in a wink."

Yes, he wasn't a familiar face. Adun could say she had never seen him before, she would remember if she had ever seen a man with the looks of Adonis and apparently, the balls of Hercules if he was challenging Kenneth, in one of these gigs hosted by Dwyer & Associates.

"I don't want any trouble, just let the lady go and I'll be off your back." The man spoke evenly. Adun was starting to enjoy the sound of his voice.

"Trouble is what you'll get if you don't turn around and mind your own damn business." Kenneth spat at the man, it was obvious he was getting worked up by this fellow. This was a historuc moment, Kenneth never got worked up, there wasn't a soul on God's green earth that could ruflle a feather of the peacock that was Kenneth. It was sealed, this man was some sort of guardian angel or a supernatural being.

Kenneth continued on his way, pulling a now struggling Adun with him and blocking out the sound of the man shouting for his attention. Adun once again tried to fight him off, but he wasn't budging.

"I said, stop!"

The man reached out and grabbed her by the wrist of her free hand. Adun swore she felt an electric current zip through her at the contact, she gasped at his hold and looked up at him. The sight of electrifying brown eyes caused her to gasp once again. This man was beautiful.

Kenneth glared at the obvious pest that was bugging the hell out of him, "Guy, are you mad? What the hell is your probelm?"

"My problem is that you're about to drag an unwilling female into an empty room and possibly have non-consensual sex with her. You should know the legal implications of that considering you're the head of the legal department in this establishment. Let her go now, or I will beat you to a pulp right before you get arrested for attempted rape."

In that moment, Adun had never found a threat so sexy. She watched those temptingly full lips utter the threat word for word and she damn near wet her panties. This man breathed the kind of power and confidence that could bring most people to their knees, there was just a dash of arrogance in him and cockiness. Who was this man?

He and Kenneth had a stare down, but neither man let go of the appendages they had in their grip. She didn't mind the stranger's hold though, it was soft, but firm, now Kenneth's, she was almost wincing at.

It took her almost a minute to realise that Kenneth had loosened his grip, and then he slowly let go.

She stood there in shock as Kenneth Agbo conceded defeat for the first time since....for the first time! This was unreal, she needed a camera or something to record this moment. Was it a prank? Was she dreaming?

"This isn't over." He said begrudginly and then walked away in a huff.

Adun couldn't say who he was talking to between herself and the man, but his glare had remained on the man, so she guessed the statement was directed more to the man than her.

The sound of a door opening and closing loudly down the hallway signified the exit of Kenneth, and then the man let go of her wrist. Adun felt the absence of his warm touch almost immediately.

"Sorry about that, I hope you're okay." He said.

She could better enjoy his beautiful voice in the absence of Kenneth. She looked up at him to once again meet those eyes, she momentarily forgot what she had to say as they captured her interest. They were almost light brown with flecks of gold. Who were the people responsible for birthing such a creation?

"Miss, are you okay?" He repeated his question slowly.

She shook her head to clear it of thoughts of the beautiful man in her presence, "I...yes, I'm fine. Thank you very much." She replied breathlessly.

He nodded at her, "You're welcome. Stay safe." He advised and then turned to leave.

"Wait!" She called out in a moment of panic, he couldn't just leave her here with nothing. She at least deserved a name to put to the face that she could now say for certain would star in her dreams tonight and any other night she could sneak him in.

The man paused in his steps and then turned to her, "Yes?"

She smiled at him, "I'm Adunni, what's your name?" She asked softly.

He looked surprised at her question, he was going to speak, and then hesitated a moment. She held her breath, hoping he would divulge that little piece of information to her. It was only now she realised how much she needed it, she would beg him if she had to.

"Please, at least let me know the name of my hero so I can tell the world." She gave him a teasing smile.

"Patrick, and I'm not a hero." He smiled at her and then turned around and walked away without another word.

Patrick.

Even his smile was an asset

Rain and cheedumaybee like this.
  10. sage

sage Member

@Jasny and gertn, thanks for the wishes. I appreciate

11. cheedumaybee

cheedumaybee New Member

Thanks a lot @sage, the story is getting more interesting

12. cheedumaybee

cheedumaybee New Member

Happy birthday sage, age with grace

13. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Hello, is it Your Birthday? So I thought. In this case I want to wish you all kinds of things that you consider necessary to stay happy and calm. Keep on going with your life, and keep it full of positive elements, that are useful, inspirational and really worth remembering. Best wishes, hope you have a great one!

14. christabeli

christabeli New Member

Happy birthday Safari. Age gracefully.

15. Oluomoadebayo

Kindly post all birthday wishes to her profile page HERE.

16. sage

sage Member

I just want to sincerely thank every one of you for the birthday wishes. I truly appreciate it.

May God continue to guide and keep everyone of us for many more years... Sorry, there's no cake

17. Oluomoadebayo

I hope you had fun. Just give @Rain another powerful update to make it even without cake.

Rain likes this.
  18. cheedumaybee

cheedumaybee New Member

Please you have not updated this story in a while, we need to read more of it, the suspense is killing

19. Oluomoadebayo

I bet she is cooking a nice one.

20. OMG itz awesome bae

OMG itz awesome bae New Member

bae hwfr na......d update z taking too long

Gertn likes this.