Travelling to S.A and you need informations ?

Discussion in 'Travel & Lesuire' started by Olu Kross, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

Are you thinking of traveling to South Africa for vacation, business trip or personal purpose? Am sure there are some questions you have been meaning to ask about the trip (ranging from how to get visa and ticket, south african lifestyle, weather etc) .

#AskKross.

2. Oluomoadebayo

Oluomoadebayo Moderator Staff Member

I opened a thread recently about going to SA. Below is what I asked.

"Hello my people,

I'm going to South Africa for 5 days boot camp but I'm very worried about the disturbing news I'm hearing about killings of Nigerians over there.

I need people with experience about the country in general to help me with information about how to stay safe in that country.

Except the visa on my passport, do I need any specific document before I could enter the country?

What type of food could I expect and how expensive is their care hire service".

I'm Goin to South Africa. Please Help!

3. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

"I'm going to South Africa for 5 days boot camp but I'm very worried about the disturbing news I'm hearing about killings of Nigerians over there."

The killings of Nigerians has reduced drastically, I think it's safe to tell you that it has stopped completely .

"I need people with experience about the country in general to help me with information about how to stay safe in that country."

South africa is dangerous but since you are only visiting, there are lot's of hotels in good and safe neighbourhood where you can stay. As long as you stay clear from dangerous neighbourhood then you are safe.

"Except the visa on my passport, do I need any specific document before I could enter the country?"

You need your 'Yellow card', hotel reservation, BTA(money), That should be all.

"What type of food could I expect and how expensive is their care hire service"

Food: South african's favourite food is Pap(more like semolina but has shafts in it) and they most times don't eat it with soup, they just eat Pap and meat so if you want to be adventurous you can also eat Pap and Meat but Nigeria foods are available here (Semo, Egusi, Okro etc) so you can stick to nigerian meals also.

Car hire: Car hire is fairly reasonable, they charge with the distance covered.

4. Oluomoadebayo

I was told I can easily get the "Yellow Card" from the Airport. How valid is this information? I driver asked me to pay R750 from Johannesburg to Lynderburg, how fair is the money and what is the ideal price per KM?

5. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

"I was told I can easily get the "Yellow Card" from the Airport. How valid is this information?"

I cannot categorically tell you it's true or false, you know those MMA's guys can do anything but it's safe to obtain the "Yellow card" in an hospital before going to the airport.

"A driver asked me to pay R750 from Johannesburg to Lynderburg, how fair is the money and what is the ideal price per KM?"

If you mean 'lydenburg' then it's a fair price cos it's quite far from Jhb. The standard price is R10 per Km but the higher the km's, the lesser the price.

6. Oluomoadebayo

Thank you for the detailed information. I will notify you when I'm in the country to share my experience with you. I'm traveling through Ethiopia Airline.

7. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

Alright man.

Pejuamadi likes this.
  8. nertn

nertn Active Member

I want to visit South Africa next month and I will like to know the maximum of days I can stay before coming back to Nigeria. My friend over there gave me vague explanation about the processing and fee to pay, and I will like to tap from your experience. Thank you.

9. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Please babe, take me with you.

10. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

If you are using a visiting visa then the number of days you can stay depends on how long your visa is valid for and what they stamp for you at the port of entry. Par example: If you are granted 3 months Visa, you are most likely to be given 30 days stay at the port of entry or maybe less. If it's 6 months, you might be given 3 months stay.

What fee are you talking about?

11. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

Lol

12. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

What document do i need to help my case?

Olu Kross likes this.
  13. Oluomoadebayo

I have 10 days on my passport.

14. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

To
    To acquire the visa you mean? I don't know about that, you should consult a travelling agent.

15. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

I don't get.. You mean you have 10 days Visa on your passport?

16. Gertn

Gertn Active Member

Yes, 10 days visa.

17. Oluomoadebayo

How are you so sure of my visa?

Olu Kross likes this.
  18. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

That's rather too short and strange, maybe it's the documents that submitted to apply for the visa that warranted them giving you 10 days stay

19. Olu Kross

Olu Kross New Member

Lmaooo

20. Oluomoadebayo

I'm going there for 3 days conference and i booked 5 days hotel. it's enough for me.