1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your PC - Windows or Apple?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by ATony, Sep 27, 2015.

1. ATony

ATony Member

Do you use Windows or Apple, do you have a real preference?

I have never had an Apple and always have used Windows. I don't feel like there is a real need to spend that type of money on Apple so have always stuck with Windows.

2. Chase

Chase Member

I also used Windows on a computer and never owned an Apple product beside my iPhone. I believe spending a lot of money on a limited Apple laptop is waste of money, I've seen a number of people buying Apple desktop computer and then install Windows software on them to play games. It's not really worth the money in my opinion.

3. freboi10

freboi10 Member

I have never use any operating system except windows, I tried to install ubuntu and it was a disaster then I gave up. My phone is iphone but i think it's waste of money because its not flexible enough like the one with andriod.

4. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Member

I have an Apple laptop and I have to say that it was the best choice that I've made. I have always had PC's before that and I just was never able to keep them for long because they aren't made like the Apple ones. I know that a lot of people give Apple crap because they are so expensive, but think about it like this... how long is that PC you have going to last? Maybe 5 years if you're lucky. So, you spent about $500 on a good one, and then after that laptop dies you'll have to buy another at about the same price. So after 10 years you've already spent $1,000. Which is just about the same as what you would spend on a Mac. But then there is more that you'll have to spend on the PC because you'll have to buy something to protect your laptop if you don't want a virus, but you won't if you have a Mac. So, I think that there are advantages to it.

5. Mark

Mark Member

I have both but I use my Windows PCs more. I have an iMac that I like a lot, I do most of my writing on that. My main desktop is a beast of a system with three monitors and six hard drives in a full tower case. Then I have another PC tower that I use as a media server for my TV, and I also have two Windows laptops.